Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Productive!

The word of the weekend was "productive". We were on the move a lot and had equal amounts of work and play.

On Friday, Josh and I enjoyed breakfast at La Mie. We tested out their omelettes and the universe must have been out-of-whack that day because I decided to roll with the vegetarian omelette--asparagus, brie and creme fraiche. I don't know who I was trying to fool. My omelette was okay but I just couldn't handle the lack of meat. I definitely asked Josh to part with his ham, baby swiss and creme fraiche omelette and that made everything better. What can I say? I'm a carnivore through and through.

Saturday, we went to cheer Annie on for her first 5K. Suds about had a heart attack from the gunshot start. His back legs were shaking like a leaf and then some girl decided the race needed more cowbell so that was even more upsetting for him.



The majority of the weekend was focused on house stuff.Our house has been cursed with tiny closets so we did some reconnaissance on some organizational storage and are now toying with the idea of redecorating our bedroom. We also committed to the labor-intensive project of turning our dungeon of an office into a livable area.

Other things we did:
  • Farmer's Market (Chorizo burrito from Sbrocco gets a thumbs up)
  • CelebrASIAN (Lots of food but have to say that Josh's bulgogi trumps the festival's)
  • Grilling out at Tom and Kelly's (their deck is such a good one!)
  • Almost got swallowed alive by the ginormous-ness that is the new Homemakers while browsing for a new dresser
  • Planted flowers (me), power washed the back patio and front porch (Josh); they are also getting a makeover


No comments: