Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

DeliciosO!





This week in Des Moines we are celebrating restaurant week. In honor of the week's festivities Lora and I along with Dean and Dawn decided we should go out and eat at one of the restaurants participating that we haven't been to. We went to Sbrocco and it was a great decision. Lora had a delicious marinated steak with mashed potatoes and green beans with Parmesan frites as an appetizer and a Colorado ginger peach biscuit with whipped cream. It was as good as it sounds. I had the half chicken with mashed potatoes surrounded by corn chowder, spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette with Maytag blue cheese crumbles and a chocolate torte that was amazing. All in all the food was cooked exceptionally well and the atmosphere inside Sbrocco leads you to believe you're in a hip neighborhood restaurant in Chicago. The menu is a bit pricey and the portions are just average but the food is definitely worth it.

I think I discovered my new favorite type of wine during our dining experience as well. I am not a wine connoisseur by any means but I do enjoy the stuff. The wine is an old vine Zinfandel. I just bought a bottle at World Market today hopefully I enjoy it as much as I did at Sbrocco.

A view of the huge wine selection downstairs at Sbrocco

No comments: