Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I need a boost

Last year I cleaned out my closet and hauled a ton of stuff to Goodwill. Or at least what I thought was a ton of stuff. The majority of it was t-shirts. I methodically went through my collection and decided which ones I could part with and which ones I couldn't bear to think of in anyone else's closet except my own. I thought I did a good job. I thought that there wasn't very much there anyway since Suds did a pretty good job of whittling down my collection in the great t-shirt raid of 2007. I thought wrong. I still have stacks and stacks of t-shirts. T-shirts as far as the eye can see. A reasonable person would say, "You didn't get rid of enough, quit getting weepy over some old vacation/camp/internship/tumbling t-shirt and go through the pile again and toss some more out, Lora". That's a reasonable person. I say, let's get some under the bed storage so I don't have to say goodbye to any vacation/camp/internship/tumbling t-shirt and can start my life as a crazy hoarder lady.
Enter the bed lifts. Or should I say bed stilts. To give our bed a boost and make room for the under the bed storage tubs, Josh and I went to our local Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased bed lifts that according to the package are 7 inches tall. However, they definitely seem more like 7 feet. I need a small ladder to get into bed now.


This photo was suppose to illustrate the great distance between the floor and the bottom of the bed. Now that I'm looking at it though, it's just further affirmation that feet aren't pretty. Anyway, if my feet are dangling off the edge of the bed this much, imagine how tall the top of the mattress is. Yipes.


No comments: