Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Boji with baby


We survived our first family vacation (sans Sudsy-he went to summer camp)! I have to say that traveling and vacationing with a baby is a little different than when it was just the two of us. If it was the two of us, I probably could've titled this post Boji with Booze. However, there was little of that to be had this year, which I suppose is just another sign that we are indeed grown-ups now.

Packing was a mess. You would've thought that we were moving! If Sudsy wanted to go, he would have had a rough ride since he would've had to wedge himself between the pack and play and the exersaucer. If I had to do it all over again, I would have left behind the Bumbo. (I know, like that would've greatly improved the jam-packed car situation!) I think our Bumbo works okay at home but it definitely went untouched for the majority of our trip. I believe Ben used it the most as a squishy step stool.

Beach Day One went fairly well. Dexter got very adventurous and had his first dip in the lake.


After that, he proceeded to take a nice long snooze on our beach towel. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to sit with him and watch him sleep or just let him hang out by himself at the public beach and join the rest of the group in the water. This is just one of the many is this okay? moments as I've had as a new mom. Since we were one of two other groups at the beach that morning, I headed for the water, (not without a little reassurance that it indeed was okay from the other girls) and of course by the time the older kids wanted snacks and the other girls had gotten out of the lake, Dex was still sound asleep. He ended up taking a pretty long nap on Beach Day Two too so Josh and I figure all we need to do is get him a lake to get him to nap better. Haha.

Other things we did:
  • Taco House for lunch
  • Bought Dexter his very own personalized piggy bank. Get to saving, son!
  • Watched the older boys ride a couple of rides at the little Arnold's Park amusement park
  • Ate...a lot

All the kids on our last night of vacation. Those older boys are just fascinating.




No comments: