Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carb-e, diem

Josh and I celebrated my birthday this weekend by going on a grown-up date to one of the newest hot spots around Des Moines, Americana. We dined on deviled eggs, cream of garlic soup, ravioli and pork loin. Garlic soup was pretty good, we stuck to the whole garlic rule-if one orders garlic, the other should follow suit. I think if we go with a group, we'll forgo the deviled eggs and soup and try our hand at the scallop lollipops. We saw a plate go by and while we think they would be delicious, I think a whole plate full would be too rich for just the two of us.

And this next part of my birthday dinner rundown is going to sound really lame, but the all-star of my plate of ravioli was the bread that came with it. It was AMAZING. Super fresh and had that melt in your mouth kind of thing going. I made Josh try it and he totally agreed. I was ready to throw in the towel and get a box for my leftover pasta and bread but realized that the bread probably wouldn't be as good the next day...so I shoveled the rest of it down my gullet. Yeah, it was that good.

Afterward, we took a little stroll through the sculpture park and met up with this creepy fellow. Very Beetlejuice.



P.S. Before our carriage turned back into a pumpkin on our grown-up dinner date, we hit up Smokey Row for a malt. More on that when I do my Raise My Glass post for the week!



No comments: