Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vegas aka Joshie's bday aka Jaga bomb, Jaga bomb, Jaga bomb aka girl meets moleskin

We took our first long trip away from the Dexter baby a few weekends ago to celebrate Josh and his buddy BJ turning the dirty 30. We ate (Spago, Todd English P.U.B.), we drank (and that's where the Jagerbombs come in), we gambled (Josh lurves craps, I found a seat at the roulette table), we hung out by the pool. I have no photos of these events so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I also learned a valuable lesson about pretending to be something you're not. In an effort to look the part of someone that willingly stays up after 10 p.m., I decided to wear heels the first night; a practice that is reserved for weddings, work meetings and walks that are less than .1 miles. But hey, I thought, it's Vegas and I'm on vacation and I have this fancy miniskirt and won't I look so hot in these high heels in this fancy miniskirt?! And then we walked...and we walked...and we walked. And then I thought: Lora, you eeediot (because sometimes in my head I talk like Ren from Ren & Stimpy), that fancy miniskirt would be a lot hotter if you weren't hobbling around like Quasimodo! After that catastrophic miscalculation, I landed myself in flip flops and flat sandals the rest of the weekend and also was introduced to moleskin, which for some reason sounds kind of dirty to me, but it's actually just a miracle blister reliever.      




One photo that I managed to take from Josh's birthday dinner.

No comments: