Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July random thoughts

Can I just say that having 4th of July in the middle of the week was silly? Tuesday was a Friday and Wednesday was a Sunday. Freedom and liberty, you wait for no weekend, do you? Anyway, we spent our holiday freely congratulating our friends on their new little guy, Gavin (yay! these boys are sure outnumbering the girls), and swimming and BBQ'ing with family.

A few things of note:

1.The official ranking of water related activities according to Dexter-Sprinklers are super cool. Kiddie pools are just kinda cool. Big pools, eh.
2. That Josh is an early bird man. And a quiet early bird at that. He was up and at 'em at 5 a.m. and I didn't even notice. His early bird is my comatose sloth. 
3. If the next baby I have only takes 20 minutes to make an appearance, sign me up. I'm all over that.
4. No fireworks this year but one day, Dexter will stay awake to see them and his mind will be blown and at that exact moment Sudsy will explode with anxiety.
5.  I could seriously eat spaghetti every day. I think Dexter would be okay with this arrangement too.We did an experiment in 3rd grade where we only ate one food for an entire day after reading a book about a boy who only ate chocolate and then turned into chocolate (I'm not sure if that's the exact plot. Anyone remember that book? Did I just make that up?) I chose pizza and when we had to journal about it I wrote, "Eating pizza all the time wouldn't be fun, I got sick of it, blah, blah, blah." However, the older mature me says you just chose the wrong food, sister. Bring on the spaghetti.

And to add to the randomness, a couple pictures taken by my sis-in-law during Memorial Day weekend which shows the sweeter side of toddlerdom and parenthood.  
 




 

     

No comments: