Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

To eat, to drink, to listen

Happy weekend! This weekend is especially special because it's Bix! Huzzah and three cheers! And now I present to you to eat, to drink, to listen-Davenport style-

To eat:
Josh is running the race which means tonight we get to feast on Grinders. The ravioli is the go to when a seven mile race is calling your name, however I do feel it's worth mentioning that if you are a simple girl looking for a no fuss sandwich then the Gondola would be an excellent choice. I had my first gondola when my sister-in-law took me there before their wedding and it was life changing. For reals. The bread's sweetness adds a little something extra.

To drink:
Have I mentioned that Davenport is a place where it seems no one is married or has kids and everyone is out until the wee hours of the morning? You could call it Neverland. The Las Vegas of Iowa, as Josh aptly named it during our last visit. So at some point during this weekend, we will likely be out with the rest of the revelers trying to prove that we are indeed one of the natives and pretending that we aren't keenly aware that there is a little boy at home that doesn't care how late we were out. And so, while doing as the Romans do, it is likely that a Nancy Reagan (Soco and lime-I think our friends named it?) will land squarely in front of one of us.

To listen:

Lest we forget the true meaning of Bix, here's this:








1 comment:

Amy said...

We were golden for a moment when we were mistaken for 18 yr old girls.