Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

to listen, to watch, to wear

Happy weekend! We have a lot of fun plans this weekend including a kids birthday party, breakfast with my former roomies-and-always-friends and a little get together with our pals to cheer on the Hawkeyes for the big Iowa/ISU game. Now, let me let you in on a little secret. I was not a Hawkeye fan before I met Joshie. Nor was I a Cyclone fan. I was a Bulls fan. Yeah, super not even relevant to the conversation, right? Let me just say that beyond cheering for my high school football team (grr-rah, rah, rah, Tigers!) football just didn't exist in my house. But I have tried to embrace and embody all the Hawkeyeness that I can as the wife of a die-hard fan. I've done such a good job of playing the part that whenever I hear someone say that they are an ISU fan, I think to myself, hmmm, that's too bad. I also have this same reaction when I figure out someone has a cat. Just really unfortunate, isn't it?

To listen:

Lana Del Rey. I'm really liking this song. Josh has been listening to her for a good long while. What a cool kid.



To watch:

Did you know Sesame Street parodied Outkast's Hey Ya!? I was watching it with Dexter on Netflix. Well played. Sesame Street, well played.


To wear:

I rarely ever enter giveaways on blogs. Partly because I'm too lazy to curate a collection on X website to enter and partly because I don't fancy myself lucky enough to win. However, I spotted this one on Kendi Everyday and couldn't resist because I was feeling terribly desperate as I was rummaging through the pit of despair that is my closet trying to figure out what to wear to work. I've never purchased anything from Ruche but I entered their dresses for a year giveaway. If you're feeling lucky or just saddened by your closet like me, you can enter it too here.




No comments: