Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

On my 29th name day

Do you feel reflective on your birthday? I've spent a little bit of time today thinking about where I've been and where I'm going but honestly the way that I prefer to celebrate another passing year is through food. And so I ate. I chatted with my coworkers over a Captain Crunch roll at Waterfront for lunch and sat on the patio at Jethro's with my family and dined on brisket doused with Carolina BBQ for dinner. I traded bites of the amazing mac and cheese from there with Dexter and sipped on a 312. Josh brought me down a mugful of Whitey's Mississippi Mud ice cream while I curled up on the couch to read my blogs.

But if I must reflect on what this year has brought me, then I will say, happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, joy...

Today though on my birthday, I feel full.









   

No comments: