Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

The pigeon books

Are you familiar with the Pigeon books? Dexter has become obsessed with the one and only Mo Willems book he owns, Don't let the Pigeon Stay up Late! It's been in heavy rotation as the bedtime story and sometimes it will make an appearance as an afternoon story as well. He'll nab it off his bookshelf and hold it out for me and say "boook". It's pretty cute, I won't lie. The whining that can ensue if I don't immediately sit down and read it? Not so cute.   

 from here

I'm not complaining though. I am seriously pumped that he likes to read and hope that it sticks. Oh, please let it stick. We can be the nerdy mom and son duo that read Harry Potter together! Huzzah!

So for Christmas, I read this idea about giving him something to read, something to play with and something to wear and I adopted it last year. I was thinking that his something to read should be another Pigeon book given his current love affair. And as it so happens when we finish our Pigeon book, there are several others in the series are being conveniently advertised on the back cover. The one that he keeps coming back to? The Pigeon Loves Things that Go.

Ask and you shall receive, dear child.


1 comment:

Sunshinemama530 said...

"Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" was one of our favorites! Amanda used to read it to me with such emotion and enthusiasm. Now, it's Megan's turn. They know what something printed in ALL CAPS means, don't they? (Not so loud, girls...)