Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Over the weekend: St. Patty's Day 2013

As you may recall, I have married into a family that has a standing tradition of marching in the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in the Quad Cities. Joshie had a bachelor party in St. Louis so I went all single mom up in that parade and Dexter and I represented. And by represented I mean he cried at the beginning and I stressed the eff out. It was cold, he was just getting over his bout with the flu, and I am not used to flying solo when it comes to these kinds of things.

I tell you what, all you single mamas out there, I tip my hat to you. I had a helluva time trying to throw beads, steer a stroller/carry a kid and not run into the trailer or the parade goers.  I also decided that I may need to join a gym or something because I am crazy sore. So weak. 

It's worth it though because look how gosh darn cute he is in his outfit! Baby leg warmers is where it's at, kids. Write it down.



And if this was a style blog, I would tell you the pants are from Target and are part of a two piece Carter's pajama set and that they are a size 5t that are being held up by a hairtie because someone refused to wear suspenders. Then I would tell you the bowtie was thrifted and the hat is vintage c/o Grandma. And that's how you do St. Patty's Day.

No comments: