Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Thoughts on my new j-o-b

I have officially been at my new job for a month. Crazy. It has absolutely flown by and I am still in the process of figuring out my daily routine and asking a million questions.

A few month one thoughts:

Big ol' transition going from an office of four to an office of 90. There are people at my new job that I  met the first day and then have never seen again. Do they exist?

How loud can you speak in a cube without having everyone hear you? I used to just shout at everyone from my office at my old job (not angrily, mind you), and then if I needed privacy for a phone call I would shut my door but now I am surrounded. In my cube I feel like I'm using my library voice and I don't know if that's normal or if everyone is thinking that the new girl is an extremely quiet talker.

I do a lot of sitting at my desk now. No more running here and there and all around the square. HOWEVER,  my work offers a stand up desk option and I think I'm going to make the switch. Not sure if it will increase my productivity or if it will just make me feel like I'm being more productive but either way can't hurt.

Treats! Lots of sweets floating around these parts. I had a donut for breakfast today...and a half of one for lunch. I'm missing a little thing called self-control so this could be trouble.

Time zones. I am dealing with folks on both the coasts and on Mountain time. PS I kind of forgot there was a Mountain time zone. Yeah, that happened. Scheduling a phone call takes a little bit of brain power for me. Brain power that is being used for other important things like the memorization of Mean Girls quotes.

It has been quite a change but change is good, right? Stressful too of course. I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't have a daily WTF. Generally speaking though things are going well. I like where I'm at.






No comments: