Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013


So I made it to Day 8 of the blog every day thing and then I vanished. For a good reason though! We had family in town...and I didn't like the prompts for those days. Or maybe I just didn't feel like thinking about the prompts. Whatever, I do what I want.

So Mother's Day weekend happened and guess what? I didn't have to work! Hooray and cheers all around! The annual fundraising walk from my old job falls on Mother's Day weekend every year and while it was a little strange seeing the photos on facebook and not being part of it, it was so nice to actually be at home on Saturday morning to greet the family and not walk in hours later feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.

There was cheese involved this weekend because when isn't there cheese involved with this family of mine? I told someone that our family wanted to go to The Cheese Shop at the Shops at Roosevelt and they gave me a funny look and were all like "do they really like cheese or something?" and all I could think was "Um, have you never had cheese before? What kind of question is that?" I don't know if we can be friends if you're all bewildered about why someone would want to sample a bunch of fine cheeses. Scram. Go on, git.

We spent time outside and had a lovely dinner at home, ate brunch out and took flowers to my mom. Then Josh, Dexter and I ended the weekend at the park by ourselves. It was a good weekend for this mama.


And just for funsies, a little compare and contrast...

This year: 

Last year:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!







No comments: