Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Checking in with random stuff

Hello, there, friends! What have you been up to? We've been crossing off a few more house projects on our list. We still have plenty more to do before we're ready to list but we are slowly but surely making progress.  It feels like we are going to get our house just so and then we (hopefully) are going to pick up and move without getting to enjoy it. I think I'm ready to move though. I say that now when it seems likes a distant possibility and not a near reality. Talk to me when we are closer to putting that for sale sign up.

And now to check in with some randomness...

I've been wondering if I should hang up my blogging hat recently. It's hard to keep up with it, the writing and the photos, and I feel like a lot of time I'm just rambling around here. I keep going because between all the ramblings, it's a nice way to share our life with friends and family. Sometimes I wonder if Dexter will ever read this. I know if my mom would've kept something like this I would've eaten it up but maybe that's just a girl thing.

I saw this tweet recently from Chevy Chase and all I could think was "Amen".

Going on Facebook is now the equivalent of opening the fridge and staring at it, even though you aren't hungry

Dunkin Donuts Coconut Coffee is amazing. And that's coming from a non-coffee drinker so it must be true. Sister-in-laws who introduce you to said coffee? Also amazing.

I just got a pair of white denim jeans from Old Navy. When I bought them I felt like I was living on the edge. A two year old and white pants? Pssh, girl, you crazy.

Dexter just started his new daycare this week. The first day was okay but then the last couple of mornings have been pretty rough. Or so I've heard. I haven't been doing the drop off. When I pick him up in the afternoon he's been in good spirits though so I feel like that's a good sign. We chose a center that also has preschool since I figured we should do this transition thing as little as possible. We also chose a center where we know other parents.  My big thing that I don't love about center life is the multiple people you have to talk to when inquiring about your kid since there's morning staff and afternoon staff. I have a feeling that this transition is going to be harder for me than Dexter.

We've been having company-wide meetings at work this week. During one of the sessions I got to learn about twitter which was kind of fun. I also got to participate in new hire introductions which was both awkward and silly. And there may or may not be a Harlem Shake video of me out there somewhere.. ;)

And now to follow up on my sleeping post. Dexter, you are the silliest.








No comments: