Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What are you doing New Years Eve?

It's December 31 and I am at home on my couch, snuggled up in PJs and a new robe that Josh got me for Christmas. I am nearly 34 weeks pregnant. I am not comfortable. Although it isn't the weight gain or the jabs from the baby that is making me uncomfortable. It's not even the cold that I am currently battling that's causing me discomfort. It's the two year old boy who keeps coming out of his bedroom, refusing to go to sleep. I hear the click of his door opening and then quietly shutting, the tiny pitter patter of feet on the wood floor. You know that scene in Jurassic Park where they all look at the glass of water and see it tremble? They realize what's coming and get all wide-eyed and terrified. That is exactly what bedtime in our house is like these days. T-Rex on the loose. It's just a real mess.

Josh is sick too. We ordered sushi, put on sweats and called our New Years Eve good. I chugged some Pepsi in hopes of staying up until midnight to ring in 2014. It felt like the right thing to do. We are standing on the precipice of another life changing year. A year where we will dig in our heels and start parenting another kid from scratch.

2013 was a solid year. I switched jobs, Josh traveled, Dexter grew up a little more. We are now readying ourselves for the next big thing in our lives. When I say we, I mostly mean me and Josh. Dexter refuses to acknowledge this baby. Ignore it all you want, kid. It's happening.

So long, 2013! And to you, 2014, please be kind. We have no idea what we're in for.




No comments: