Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mama of two

I am the mom of two. Two kids! Two! Two sounds legit. It sounds serious. It sounds like there's a chance that I might know what I am doing. Some days I do, many days it's an educated guess.

Dexter is the guinea pig. He came first. He is the OG. He reminds me that every challenge, every age is just a season, feeling like we are forever stuck and also in a fleeting moment all at the same time. We rode the wave from baby to boy together. We're still out there waiting for the next wave to come in.

Everly is the baby. She gave me my mama sway back. We are at the point where it feels as if she's been part of our family forever. Her new found smile is smoothing over all the bumps and cracks that my postpartum self felt.

The best is yet to come. Happy Mother's Day, mamas!

No comments: