Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Add it to the list

He is not a DJ and I am not a dancer. Pic from here

One more reason why I am not mature enough to be a mom. Moms don't dance onstage to Lil Wayne during a Girl Talk concert. Furthermore, moms don't dance onstage to Lil Wayne during a Girl Talk concert and then act outraged because they didn't play Lil Wayne. Yipes.

I'm gonna start a list of all the things that I do that proves that I am not mature enough to be a mom. I'll call it the "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom" list. Nice work if you caught the Mean Girls reference.

My 15 minutes of fame did not last long. Kelly and I were motioned to exit stage right fairly early in the game. I wonder why. Maybe they caught a glimpse of my nursing bra? Was there the faint smell of spit up lingering on my dress? In any case, kicking me off stage was not a good call on their part because it sent me back to the beer tent. Yipes again. I really felt that one when Dex woke me up at 6 a.m. Maybe it's more fitting for me to call my list the "I'm a regular mom pretending to be a cool mom" list.

Another successful 80/35

1 comment:

Kelly Ruden said...

1. I LOVE GirlTalk! Maybe he does just make mixed tapes, but since I don't really like any songs unless I know all the words (not famous enough for me before that) that's ok with me.
2. I don't think we've had such a drunk, sweaty picture since college. I also don't know if we've both been that crazy since college. What were we thinking?