Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

80/35: a day for irresponsibility

Silly me, I forgot to mention 80/35, which was like the pre-party to our vacation. Well, it was for me at least. I do enjoy a good pre-party.  Our friends summed it up best when they said something to the effect that, "We are responsible parents for 364 days out of the year, and then there's 80/35 day."

I tend to be pretty enthusiastic listening to a band I like but when I know every single song that a band plays, well, it's like you're just telling me to get rowdy. And I'm an excellent direction follower. So the Avett Brothers did just that; they even played the two songs that I wanted to hear most as their encore. And if that isn't a mandate for rowdiness then I don't know what is. And here's what rowdiness, irresponsibility and 90 degree plus temps look like. It isn't pretty...but it sure is fun.







No comments: