Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

to eat, to listen, to wear

Happy weekend, friends! This weekend is the World Food Festival in Des Moines. We've never had the chance to attend so that may find its way on our agenda. I know the whole point of a festival like this is to try food from other cultures but quite frankly, if we go you'll probably find me at the Filipino food stand because I know that I like it. Stick with what you know and you'll never be disappointed, kids.Yup, that's how I do.

To eat:

I have every intention of making these dark chocolate chip and sea salt cookies this weekend. I've really been into the whole salty and sweet thing (salted rice krispies, salted fudge brownies) so hopefully these will live up to my expectations.


To listen:

I like this version of Bon Iver's "Skinny Love". I'm just such a sucker for a piano and a pretty voice.



To wear:

So now that I'm officially growing my hair out...I think. I decided to see if I could pull off a sock bun. And I did for approximately 3 hours. Hooray. I used this youtube tutorial.


No comments: