Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

First birthday

Ah, the first birthday party. It ended up being fairly low key but there were times that I thought all my blogs and Pinterest would just up and carry me away with their fantastic decorations, stunning ideas and adorable themes. Then I was reminded that I am cheap and lazy. And so a little get together with just family it was. And a homemade yellow cake...and oversized balloons...and a rainbow colored garland. Okay, so I did gather a few ideas from Pinterest and other blogs. As I mentioned previously, I made this cake but used the mini cake tutorial for Dexter's cake, (although her instructions don't include knocking the can over and spilling batter in the oven, whereas my version includes such an event and a lot of four letter words), and I found the garland template here. Our house is roughly the size of a matchbook so we went to my dad's house in favor of more room and less crazy canine. The photos were taken by my sis-in-law Dawn who saved the day when it came to documenting the event.

It was a good day. A little exhausting, but good.









No comments: