Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

On the joy of writing and this blog

 via here

I don't get to write at my job. Well, I do, sort of. But I promise it's not nearly as fun as the tales I spin here. Worthwhile? Absolutely. Fun? Meh. I mean, really who wouldn't want to see pictures of babies dressed as alien robots, and read about red jeans and brussel sprouts ? If those aren't riveting topics, I don't know what are.

This blog started out as a way to keep our friends and family updated on our lives...but that's not why it continues. I show up here and write because I like it.  When I was younger, my dad suggested that I become a writer. I don't think he had any concrete evidence on which to base his opinion; no shining examples of work that would say this girl's talent for the written word is oozing out of her ears. I think he maybe just saw that it was something that brought me joy.

And so in the name of joy, I show up to write a few things down that I think are worth remembering when all is said and done. I show up to ramble and reflect. To share and to savor.

I hope that reading this blog gives you as much joy as I get from writing it. All five of you. ;)












No comments: